Canadian gold miner Goldcorp said on Thursday that operations had restarted at its Cerro Negro mine, in Argentina, following a stoppage that started at the end of last week.
Workers representing Asociación Obrera Minera Argentina downed tools on March 8, Goldcorp said, without giving a reason for the strike.
The Vancouver-based company said that the provincial government of Santa Cruz had issued a conciliation process resolution, which was accepted by the parties.
“All personnel have been remobilised and the site is ramping back up to normal operations.”
Goldcorp, which is being bought out by Newmont, is chasing a production guidance of 2.2-million to 2.4-million ounces for 2019.Creamer Media Senior Researcher and Deputy Editor Online